Mystic Shadows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystic Shadows

Mystic Shadows is a modern dark fantasy role play. Were magic and monsters are common and nightmares lurk.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
»  Unari Fen
Forum discussion EmptyTue Jul 10, 2018 4:00 am by Riujin

» Sakrol Leviathan
Forum discussion EmptySat Apr 21, 2018 6:57 pm by Sakrol Leviathan

» Nikki Suzuki
Forum discussion EmptySat Apr 14, 2018 5:33 am by Night Tepes

» The Duke Mistress
Forum discussion EmptyTue Apr 03, 2018 11:00 am by Yuuhi

» The state of the world
Forum discussion EmptyFri Mar 23, 2018 12:21 am by Night Tepes

» Soma the empires heir, and his retainers, Aria, and Mathew
Forum discussion EmptyThu Mar 22, 2018 11:57 pm by Night Tepes

» Rp possible end and Discord?
Forum discussion EmptySun Mar 18, 2018 5:08 am by Night Tepes

» Night Asakura
Forum discussion EmptyTue Mar 13, 2018 1:52 am by Night Tepes

» The Rebirth I
Forum discussion EmptySat Nov 04, 2017 8:35 am by Sakrol Leviathan

Affiliates

Forum discussion

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Night Tepes
Admin
Night Tepes

Forum discussion Empty
PostSubject: Forum discussion   Forum discussion EmptyFri Jul 21, 2017 1:46 am

So after about 3 months of this grueling work schedule I will actually be finally getting my double shifts cut to single shifts. I am hoping that this will give me enough time to once a week work on the forum again.

So onto a bit more serious of a matter, what to do with the forum. I know it is dead, I know I was barely keeping life in it when I was pumping out post day after day.

So I want opinion I want options I want opinion! on what to do. I cant keep the forum up alone anymore hell I still have yet to figure out how to fix the damned bar on the left, the latest topics bar and why it stretches into the main page now. I need help. That is the first big change coming. I am removing White as a Mod due to activity and Yuuhi as co admin due to activity, and if Sakrol will accept it grant him co admin as he is even more active than I am atm, and I need someone who can help me. Love my sis Yuuhi White you are an awesome friend but we are all to busy lately, I still want to rp though I still want adventure and story I just dont have time to fully run it anymore.

Secondly and this is the big thing. RP reset? Or keep going?

Should I go ahead and change the rp and reset the world? Would it make it more accessible for new people? Or would it just be better to keep going for the people still here? I mean the only people with characters far enough to lose anything are Sakrol and I.

Some changes to be added if rp is reset is a bit more of a fantasy theme but definently keeping the horror and dark theme to just adding more fantasy like final fantasy, and dnd, and Nasu verse like Fate franchise influence and more. Dragon blood as a race, the ideas of primals from 14 and the echo, the void/interdimmensional rift maybe to better explain rift arcs? More concrete class system or a similar loose one as before? Level system like back with the DMC rp or this one with stats?

I have literally hundred of ideas and never know which ones will work or which will be liked so give me some input please
Back to top Go down
https://mysticshadows.rpg-board.net
Yuuhi

Yuuhi

Forum discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum discussion   Forum discussion EmptyFri Jul 21, 2017 9:54 am

it doesn't matter whatyou will do Night , i will support you like always Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Night Tepes
Admin
Night Tepes

Forum discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum discussion   Forum discussion EmptySat Jul 22, 2017 1:15 am

Thank you Yuuhi that means a lot to me
Back to top Go down
Sakrol Leviathan

Sakrol Leviathan

Forum discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum discussion   Forum discussion EmptySun Jul 23, 2017 12:16 pm

Well, okay. I dunno about the changes though, in the mish mash of an RP site I started spinning due to popular vote when their original admin disappeared we have been going casual as we have zero level requirements and shorter posts though as we RP on the spot. So I dunno but the whole level requirement here does limit creativity somewhat when mingling with others, it also takes time crunching the sentence numbers and causing admins to having to also crunch the numbers when send and of course the posts... I am sure that even without levels we can come to an agreement who is the strongest at the moment, all we would demand is reason and a reasonable plot to follow how they become stronger step by step. And if someone starts with a decently powerful character, we would demand a backstory and reason like lineage, training, magic? That sort of thing. We can always try brainstorming together.
Back to top Go down
Night Tepes
Admin
Night Tepes

Forum discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum discussion   Forum discussion EmptySun Jul 23, 2017 10:51 pm

I was not suggesting remove the level system honestly and I know it likely sounds but dumb but with how long I have done rp it has always been with some form of number from D&D to were I started all the way to here. The level system back in the devil may cry era of the site was just a power level so still something that said hey this person has a power advantage but skill of writing still being needed and abilities still needing approval however yes I would not mind a brainstorming session if rp is decided to be reset
Back to top Go down
Sakrol Leviathan

Sakrol Leviathan

Forum discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum discussion   Forum discussion EmptyMon Jul 24, 2017 2:20 pm

Hmmm, okay. I am not sure where to go from here, are you content with everything so far? In on the races, classes etc?
Back to top Go down
Night Tepes
Admin
Night Tepes

Forum discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum discussion   Forum discussion EmptyMon Jul 24, 2017 4:07 pm

TBH yes and no. I do not lie when I say I have a thousand ideas always running in my head, whether it is edits to base systems adding more races *ei look at my dragon blood comment* or items that influence the world and players like via shop. I know I sound wishy washy when I say that though.

As for were to go just throw around ideas and such, creative writing is never easy as people can never be sure what will be good or bad but ideas can be infinite.
Back to top Go down
Sakrol Leviathan

Sakrol Leviathan

Forum discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum discussion   Forum discussion EmptyMon Jul 24, 2017 8:08 pm

I see, a few new races never hurt anyone. New items sound cool, I also wish for more shared topics.
Back to top Go down
Night Tepes
Admin
Night Tepes

Forum discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum discussion   Forum discussion EmptyTue Jul 25, 2017 2:57 am

I try to get as many shared (As in hey lets have our characters in the same place) as I can as I work better with more people involved. If we do add stuff it will be if we reset the rp/world
Which is part of what this topic is for discussing. If we do end up resetting current members who have active/semi active (as in have more than 5-10 levels or more than 10 post) will get bonuses as before.
Back to top Go down
Sakrol Leviathan

Sakrol Leviathan

Forum discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum discussion   Forum discussion EmptyTue Jul 25, 2017 3:33 am

I think resetting will be better, we can try changing the formula a bit. But just a bit.
Back to top Go down
Sakrol Leviathan

Sakrol Leviathan

Forum discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum discussion   Forum discussion EmptyWed Jul 26, 2017 5:34 am

You know, in the RP I am spinning something amazing happened. We currently spin a 2 special ability system, where every char can choose to have one of 2 abilities that I created, then add another that is what they created to make the chars more unique and have a "trump card". However, one of our half-demon characters became a full demon, conquered all of Hell, and suddenly he has 8 special abilities where one is the power being the Emperor of Hell and the rest are the 7 deadly sins. He is currently the most powerful, but he has planned his death and rebirth even... Now that i think of this, this so so absurd and rule breaking yet I am fine with it as is everyone else. XD
Back to top Go down
Hyde

Hyde

Forum discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum discussion   Forum discussion EmptyWed Jul 26, 2017 9:45 am

i don't know what you guys trying to do but you both got my support
Back to top Go down
Night Tepes
Admin
Night Tepes

Forum discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum discussion   Forum discussion EmptyThu Jul 27, 2017 10:59 pm

So sorry for the minor delay in post respond just been trying to think how I want to do this then. What stuff will change and such. I think cyborg will be removed as a race upon reset and that humans can have cyber augementations if they want. Dragon blood will be added I am not sure if I want to change the class system around a bit or not maybe alter some basic ability. It is a bit to mull over also I want to do some benefits for past members I already have plans for an echo maybe some form of level retained but still a loss will be inccurred *greatly on my own character* I am also in debate of if the reset will also be part of the rp story with a smt style event like the destruction and birth of a new world though I know not many here have likely ever played an shin megami tensie game beyond persona but such as nocturne and devil survivor, part of it would be an option to keep current characters for past members or have them reborn during the birth of the new world. While events would also allow possible boons upon reset to be had? Hmmmm a lot of thought going on.
Back to top Go down
Sakrol Leviathan

Sakrol Leviathan

Forum discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum discussion   Forum discussion EmptyThu Jul 27, 2017 11:43 pm

I have played SMT3: Nocturne, I mean... You will always be treated as a casual SMT player if you don't play that after all.... Wink It is another victory in my gaming belt.
Back to top Go down
Night Tepes
Admin
Night Tepes

Forum discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum discussion   Forum discussion EmptyFri Jul 28, 2017 12:06 am

lol ok i apologize then just most people ik gave played nothing outside of persona 3 and up though i played smt3 originally due to dante. but before the reset I had in mind something similar to the conception and how it worked
Back to top Go down
Sakrol Leviathan

Sakrol Leviathan

Forum discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum discussion   Forum discussion EmptyFri Jul 28, 2017 1:00 am

Really now? Maybe it might work, I dunno. I am very anti-creation and that is why I chose to kill all my friends and end the world stopping the cycle but... What did you have in mind? How would we incorporate the Conception here?
Back to top Go down
Night Tepes
Admin
Night Tepes

Forum discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum discussion   Forum discussion EmptyFri Jul 28, 2017 1:34 am

Please note I said similar. Think of it more a cycle of death and rebirth and then I will point to the Lost history as a hint. If it helps think of it more a natural cycle as there is no grand divine being like YHVH
Back to top Go down
Sakrol Leviathan

Sakrol Leviathan

Forum discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum discussion   Forum discussion EmptyFri Jul 28, 2017 1:59 am

Right, right. Well then, guess that could be a good option then. :3
Back to top Go down
Night Tepes
Admin
Night Tepes

Forum discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum discussion   Forum discussion EmptySun Jul 30, 2017 9:59 pm

ok so I am mulling a lot over still but one thing is the class/job system. Should we redefine it to just the three classes and let people have a more free system of what people can be or keep it as it lets people have some definition and if we keep it I am changing alchemist to artificer. Also if we keep the current system I was wondering if after a certain level and a shop item to allow a secondary class/job. one that would grant access to the job abilities and instead of bonus stats every 5 levels it would be every 10 on top of the current main class stat gain. *Note they would get the stats up to their current level bonus as soon as said item was purchased and class/job selected*
Back to top Go down
Sakrol Leviathan

Sakrol Leviathan

Forum discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum discussion   Forum discussion EmptyMon Jul 31, 2017 4:29 am

I don't think having another class/job later on would be a good thing, it will make keeping track of stat increases even more of a pain. Sometimes simple is best, we don't have an automated system that would calculate those numbers for us after all. So tone it down.
Back to top Go down
Night Tepes
Admin
Night Tepes

Forum discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum discussion   Forum discussion EmptyMon Jul 31, 2017 5:08 pm

Sorry I was just trying to think of something that might give more options down the road for story that people could write so that is a no go
Back to top Go down
Night Tepes
Admin
Night Tepes

Forum discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum discussion   Forum discussion EmptyMon Jul 31, 2017 5:09 pm

and hit send to early. So toning it down the jobs do not affect the classes as we only have the three classes so keep the jobs or go to simple three classes no jobs?
Back to top Go down
Sakrol Leviathan

Sakrol Leviathan

Forum discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum discussion   Forum discussion EmptyTue Aug 01, 2017 6:37 am

Is these multi posts due to yesterdays lag spike? Either way, you do what you think is best. All I can do is contribute and try give ideas.
Back to top Go down
Night Tepes
Admin
Night Tepes

Forum discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum discussion   Forum discussion EmptyThu Aug 03, 2017 8:48 pm

Ok so a few things I will be adding that I know of so far beyond dragon blood as a race is Half primal/half esper? template. Inspired by Terra Branford from FF. All past players wont have to roll for this template if they want it new ones will. Basically you are descended from a being of legend of greeat power such as Leviathan Shinryu Odin or such. It will be applicable to any race. All it grants is Form change at lvl 1 instead of 10 *you will still have 3 fp and wont gain more till proper lvl* And you can choose what your form change looks like no matter your race as long as it matches up with the parent you claim, like if from Odin you will have to have a humanoid form change of some kind, Leviathan, some kind of serpent like traits, Shinryu bahamut tiamat ect some kind of draconic traits, as esentially you are tapping into that power from your parent.

Also an item that will be obtainable once The Rebirth starts is the Regalia. It will transfer hold all skills of your current familiar and allow access to them on reset as the familiar system will change with the world. It is a bit LoZ inspired and will be explained better down the line upon reset.
Back to top Go down
Arkon D Virgilious Raizel

Arkon D Virgilious Raizel

Forum discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum discussion   Forum discussion EmptyMon Aug 07, 2017 11:39 am

(Firstly Sorry for the Lack of activity)

Actually The RP site is great. The system is great with the leveling and stats and Class, Race etc. There are a few spots that can be tweaked but they can be ignored. Now as for the Member activity problem, I honestly have no idea on how to get that up. However, Whatever ya do, I am always there to support ya. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Forum discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum discussion   Forum discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Forum discussion
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mystic Shadows :: RP Rules and intro :: Rp Rules, and rules of conduct and disclaimer-
Jump to: